Languages and Literatures: Interculturality and Education
- Rosario (ARG)
What is the objective of the course? What is it?
What does it train you for?
What does it train you for?
The Master Degree Languages and Literatures: Interculturality and Education is primarily addressed to cater for the teaching of foreign languages in high schools, as well as of Italian as a foreign language in public and private institutions, in Italy and abroad. Another aim of the Master Degree is to provide a broad humanistic education, enabling graduates to perform a number of various job activities: cultural operator for the promotion and organization of events of different types; expert in the field of social inclusion; expert in translation and writing of texts; literary and editorial consultant; expert in intercultural mediation in public institutions and voluntary associations. The expected learning outcomes are: full command of two languages (level C1 of the CEFR in at least one of the two), with advanced knowledge of the corresponding literatures and cultures; advanced skills with respect to the methodologies of critical and linguistic analysis, as well as of literary comparison; acquisition of the basic mechanisms regulating linguistic change at the diachronic and synchronic levels; knowledge of the fundamental morphological and syntactic structures of medieval texts in the vernacular languages of the Romance or Germanic areas. The educational program also provides for a period of internship in public or private institutions, in Italy or abroad, to increase skills with direct professional experience.
What do you learn?
The Master Degree program includes the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian. The course provides a high-level training in the field of humanities with a special focus on the disciplines of linguistics (including syntactic theory, pragmatic theory, sociolinguistics, discourse analysis), literature, history, cultural studies. Students will also achieve a deep knowledge and understanding of the historical development of languages (historical linguistics), as well as of the mechanisms of the linguistic changes occurring in the course of history in the languages stemming from the Romance and Germanic groups. Upon completion of their studies, graduates will be able to analyse and elaborate the data of oral communication as well as of written texts, belonging to various genres and literary periods, according to the methodologies studied and in a broad historical-cultural horizon. Moreover, in order to guarantee students the necessary skills for access to teaching placement opportunities, the training project also includes Latin language and culture, disciplines of the anthropological field, as well as subjects of language teaching.
What can you do with it?
Expert in Didactics of Languages and Civilizations
- Teacher of foreign Languages within the national educational system, in Italy and abroad.
- Teacher of Italian L2 for foreigners at different levels of schools
- Expert in linguistic mediation and management of social inclusion processes
- For those possessing specific credits in appropriate groups of disciplines, as required by current legislation, participation in admission tests for training courses on secondary schooling of linguistic and literary subjects in Italian schools and teaching of Italian as a foreign or second language
- linguistic centres and institutes of Italian culture in Italy and abroad, as teacher of Italian language and culture LS/L2
- associations and public and private institutions dealing with language training in Italy, where the graduate - in addition to teaching activities
- contributes to the implementation of initiatives aimed at integration (especially of migrants)
- planning and promotion of cultural activities with high responsibility functions
- collaboration as linguistic and cultural consultant in the field of entertainment, publishing and journalism and multimedia communication, both nationally and internationally
- hospitals, courts, offices where graduates facilitate communication with foreign users (including migrants)
- after passing the selection tests, participation in PhD courses and 2nd level University Master courses in Italy and abroad.